Thursday, July 19, 2012

Let's Make! String Letter!

When we send letters to friends, sometimes they are read and then placed back in the envelope and hidden away in a cupboard or drawer. With this cute string letter, your receiver can hang it on their wall like a garland and continue to enjoy the letter in the future! I hope you will enjoy making this 'Let's Make! String Letter'.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Take some old magazines or cute vintage books and tear out some pages with nice images. I have focused on a picnic theme here so I can send my friend a 'picnic in an envelope', but you don't have to have a theme!


Photobucket


Allow a little bit of space around your image and then cut out roughly around the image.


Photobucket

Next, use tape nori (tape glue) to glue the cut out images onto a piece of cardboard of a colour of your choice. It’s cute if each of the images are stuck on a different coloured cardboard, too!


Photobucket

Now that your image has a cardboard backing, it’s time to cut out around your image.
Photobucket
Once you have followed the above techniques for the other shapes of your string letter you can lay the pieces out to arrange them in the order of your choice. It’s a good idea to have a nice balance of a smaller image next to a bigger image and so on.


Photobucket

Attach the images to a piece of cute string using masking tape. I usually fold over the masking tape so it doubles over itself.
Photobucket

Enjoy writing cute messages and doing cute little drawings on the back of your string letter. You can also add some collage papers and decorate with masking tape and stickers. This is the fun part!

Photobucket

After you have enjoyed writing cute messages on your string letter it’s time to put your string letter inside your envelope. 

Photobucket


Finally, enjoy sending your cute letter on a string to your lovely friend!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. YAY! So lovely! Im going to try this with the next letter I write.

    Thanks Ebony!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Will make birthday greeting with this style^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, original and great idea!!! Ah! Omedetouuu for your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaah~~~~ i love it!! i'm going to try and make it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, what a lovely thing to send :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely idea! i have a star string card from HK. i'll have to try out this diy version :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute and simple idea, my girls love writing letters to their penfriends but this is even better! We will try this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-do-ra-ble! I'll definitely do this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how, cute, crafty, and genius is THAT! you have blown me away today miss! love, love, love! trying this asap! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a clever idea. This would be nice to make someone for their birthday or for Christmas as it could be a card and present in one.
    Thank you for another lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a lovely idea! I've got a birthday coming up, and this will be perfect to use for my thank you letters! I don't have any old magazines here though...perhaps I'll try it using photographs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea! I also love the double pattern on the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh I really love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg this is so cute!!!
    congratulations again on your book Ebony <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I AM SOOOOOOOOO DOING THIS! You have also inspired a new item i am going to put up in my shop. :) <3 thanks thanks!!! p.s. when i saw your comment on my blog I was so excited. I looove me some hello sandwich! Your blog/style is just fantastic...and I live vicariously through you in Japan. I miss that country so much. My ex husband is japanese and from Tokyo and so we visited a bunch of times when were married. I was OBSESSED with Yuzawaya <- have you been? I'm sure you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such simple joy is something I must share. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute :D!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete